Meet Barry, one of the newest members of our Development team 👋🏼. Here’s what he did before joining Rotaready, where he sees himself in 20 years and what you’ll find him doing at the weekend…
1. What did you do before working at Rotaready?
I worked in the energy sector as a client-side consultant for 15 years and miss travelling around at the “peak” of my career. It’s also where I met my wife. That was followed by some directionless risk jobs for a few years before I reskilled in AI and started my own company which was a lot of fun and pain all at the same time. I also taught preschool kids English in Korea for a year a long time ago, and had to sing. More on that in a moment.
2. What do you like most about your job?
I like the mix of humour which I think Luke does a great job of promoting :) and figuring out how to solve AI engineering problems
3. Where do you see yourself in 20 years’ time?
In Ely behind my computer. WAIT, NO! Lying on a beach with Simon Cowell’s red button which automates everything I need to do, ever. I think I only need to press it once a day, or maybe every time I dry off after a swim.
4. If you weren’t working in the Development team which role would you take on?
Sales, I think everyone should be good at sales. That doesn’t mean everyone is good at sales, including me, but it’s important to push yourself.
5. What’s your dream holiday destination?
Mars or the moon. Elon Musk stole my idea.
6. What’s your favourite meal?
Deep-fried pizza or Mars bar of course
7. What are you most likely to be found doing at the weekend?
I find it difficult to switch off sometimes but occasionally I manage it and there is nothing better than switching off…
8. What would you sing at Karaoke night?
Whatever I sang would be the end of the world for everyone else
9. If you could have one superpower what would it be?
My son tells me the power to have every superpower
10. What’s your best joke?
What’s the worse day for a potato?