Meet Harry, one of the newest members of our Development team 👋🏼. Here’s what he did before joining Rotaready, his dream holiday destination and what you’ll find him singing at karaoke…
1. What did you do before working at Rotaready?
I have been working as a mobile developer since I graduated from University about 5 years ago. So really I have been doing the same thing but just in a range of sectors which is exciting. But before that, I worked at Wetherspoons in Gatwick serving people their pre-holiday beverages.
2. What do you like most about your job?
I think the thing I enjoy most about my job is the team. Everyone is so supportive and friendly it is just an all-around great environment to be in.
3. Where do you see yourself in 20 years’ time?
I mean 20 years is quite far off, I don’t really know what I am doing next week. But if I had to guess I would like to be working remotely in another country, or just be retired and travelling.
4. If you weren’t working in the Development team which role would you take on?
I would probably do something Design/UX related. Being a frontend developer, I always work closely with design and it’s an area that interests me.
5. What’s your dream holiday destination?
Me and my partner are massive foodies, so we would love to go to Japan to try all the amazing street food.
6. What’s your favourite meal?
Mauritian Fish Vindaye. It is a dish made from mustard seeds, garlic and chilli, it’s just amazing.
7. What are you most likely to be found doing at the weekend?
At the weekend I am usually out with my fiancé seeing family and friends, all other times I can be found on my sofa watching films or series.
8. What would you sing at Karaoke night?
You probably wouldn’t see me singing at karaoke night, because no one wants to hear that mess. But if I had to pick a song it would probably be ‘We Are the Champions’ by Queen.
9. If you could have one superpower what would it be?
I think teleporting would be amazing, no more waiting for a flight or train, that would be great.
10. What’s your best joke?
I mean Chelsea finishing 12th last season is definitely up there.