Here at Rotaready, we’re continuously enhancing our feature offering to ensure our rota software remains best in class and you have everything you need from your workforce management solution.
Whilst we mention many key features on our website, there’s a lot more behind the scenes that you might not be aware of. So, we’re introducing ‘Feature Deep Dives’ – a regular blog feature where we shine the spotlight on some of the finer details of Rotaready’s product offering.
Without further ado, here’s the first ‘Feature Deep Dive’… everything you need to know about Rotaready’s documents functionality…
In a nutshell…
This feature allows you to securely upload documents to an employee record, such as passports and contracts, and be notified when they expire. Here’s more on exactly how it works…
All documents within Rotaready are categorised, making them easy to find and ensuring the right documents are always in front of the right people. Some of the ways Rotaready allows you to categorise documents are as follows:
- Mark a document category as “sensitive”. This means only certain people can see this category. A great use case is for “HR only” documents.
- Mark a document category as “employees can view”. This means any documents will become visible to the employee, so they can download them at their leisure.
- Mark a document category as “employees can acknowledge”. This means Rotaready will prompt the employee to acknowledge that they have viewed and understood each document.
Flexible permission levels
Flexible permission levels give you further control over who can see certain documents. For example, you can give your managers permission to ‘view everyone’, ‘view reportees only’, ‘edit everyone’ or ‘edit reportees only’. This removes the risk of the wrong people having eyes on sensitive information, but gives access to those who need it.
Permissions also extend to employee level, giving you full control over which document categories are visible to employees.
Rotaready’s document storage can also help you with compliance and making sure you have the correct information for every employee, readily available and up to date. Here are some of the ways we achieve this:
- Time sensitivity – by adding an expiry date to documents you will be notified as the expiry date approaches and again when it lapses. But don’t worry, we don’t do notification spam, you’ll only be notified if a newer, replacement document hasn’t been uploaded. You also have the option to edit the expiry date of the existing document where appropriate.
- Mark as required – you can mark document types of your choosing as ‘required’, so an employee must have a document present in that category before they can be allocated any shifts. Employees can then acknowledge which documents they have read, giving managers the assurance that all key documents have been viewed.
Legally binding document signing
Another factor that contributes to compliance is Rotaready’s document signing functionality, which is 100% legally binding.
Employees can securely sign their contracts and other important documents from within Rotaready. These signed documents are then automatically uploaded and stored under the relevant employees profile. All key documents are encrypted and held securely within Rotaready’s platform.
Rotaready also offers a series of document templates, which enable you to easily build legally binding documents which can be automatically populated with employee specific information using merge tags.
Greater insight and communication
Rotaready’s document reports and comment functionality give managers greater visibility over documents, on an individual basis, and across the board.
With ability to add and edit notes on individual documents, it’s easy to communicate any updates or changes that need making and keep up to date with these changes.
Rotaready also offers a couple of reports which help with the overall insight of employee documents:
- “Document presence” report – the clue is in the name with this one. This report gives you visibility of whether a specific document is present in each category, for each employee.
- “Documents export” report – This report gives you a full list of every document stored within Rotaready. Each document name is stored alongside the document category, file size, who uploaded it, who last edited it, if it has been acknowledged by the employee, the expiry date and notes. Giving you visibility of everything you need to know about any given document, at an individual level.
Both reports have filters that allow you to filter by specific sites/departments, categories, individual employees, etc; so, you can select the perfect view for you.
Let us know what you’d like to hear about next…
That’s everything you need to know about Rotaready’s document functionality, if you have any questions, then please do get in touch with our team via the live chat on our website! And if there’s anything you’d like to hear about next, then let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org; otherwise, keep an eye out for the next Feature Deep Dive… coming very soon.